Tuesday 24 March 2015

Indie Horror Director Spotlight: Millie Loredo

1. You wrote and directed the film. Where did this story come from?

Being a huge horror buff, I was always really interested in horror movies. I’m also very fascinated with dreams and how intense some can be.  After waking up one morning from a horrible nightmare, I decided to pull out a sheet of paper and  and I started writing this dreamit all down. Three3 pages later, I had the first draft of my treatment for a short film. Being a novice, I started studying and literally got hooked on learning,learning; it was exciting to know more about everything that had to do with films. I’m self thought. Being from the city of Houston, I felt like I couldn’t tell the story I had in mind here, so I left to Utah and shot a 15-minute short. After we wrapped, I got the short back from my editor, and that excitement I felt when I saw the complete film was unexplainable. I had to have more! I was extremely so happy proud to have such a great cast and to see my story told on the screen that I started writing a feature. This is how Sorrow was  then created. I did a lot of research, watched a ton of movies and crime shows, read and studied a few screenplays, and then wrote a 90-page screenplay. I was off to funding the film, which is a whole others story on its own.

2. Where did you find inspiration for the characters and their stories in the film?

The characters represent a million of little different ideas I’ve had from the past, e. Either from real people I know, or from characters I analyzed in movies.  Also The same goes for particular circumstances, and as well as how a the characters with these specifics flaws and characteristics qualities would react. Along with the Bbehaviorally psychology was also a huge source of inspiration for the movie. When I started writing the feature,; I created backstories to better understand each character’s motive and storyline. I used sympathy tools, and added unique weaknesses and psychological traits. I wanted to make sure that each character had a lot of elements to get people to sympathize with them, not just t. To hate them, but also love them.

3.What kind of directorial vision did you have for the film going into shooting?

I was going for a truthful approach, a. As close as I could to reality, w. Where we see an ordinary seemingly good woman turn bad. Every good feeds on evil, andin our heroine who is good at heart makes a decision she feels is necessary. Hopeless, skilled sheHaving lost all hope, she resorts to exactings her vengeance against these very ugly people.

4. Is the finished product what you had envisioned or were there significant changes during filming?

It’s very close to what I had envisioned. Our budget was definitely small! But wWe worked with what we had. , and Aalso being a producer in the film allowed me  I was able to get a whole lot closer to what I had envisioned.

5. What was more difficult, writing the script or directing? Which do you prefer?

Directing was the most difficult. You’re working with dozens of people and there’s always something happening, good or bad. It doesn’t matter what it is!, I do as the director this environment can easily withdrawn from the directing terrene.  I love every aspect of filmmaking…s. Some more than others,  of course. But I can say that I enjoy directing the most because I like enjoy the feeling to beof being on set where everyone is doing their part to help you tell your story, and the actors giving themselves completely to the role and your vision.

6. What do you find scary?

I find the dark scary, and I am  definitely scared of ghosts. That and people.

7. Do you have any ideas for new scripts or films coming up? If so, which are you most excited about?

Yes. I am rewriting a screenplay right now titled,   In Drdreams, and it’s a supernatural thriller. The spirit of a socially upscale girl remains on Earth after being murdered in Grand Central Terminal, and seeks help from advertising professional, Ad man Stanley, to assist her in finding those who murdered her.
 
8. What do you hope audiences will enjoy most about "Sorrow?"

I hope they enjoy the story and characters.   

No comments:

Post a Comment